Monday, November 29, 2010

I Don't Know

Library time once again.... I like it here because it basically forces you to think. It forces you to be with yourself. We spend so much time texting, skyping, facebooking, working, studying, that we never just get to be with ourselves. It's a weird concept, one that I find very hard to grasp. Even the thought of "myself" is hard for me to understand. People think they know who they are but I don't think they really do. I don't. I don't know who I am. I know my name. I know what I'm like. But is that me? Is that who I am? I look in the mirror and see a face, one that I'm not always happy with. The more I look the more it gets distorted and I have to look away. I don't know who I am and I don't know what I want quite yet. I know everything I have right now is what I want, but I don't know what I want from the future. I don't know what I want my life to be. I don't know a lot of things. I guess that's what growing is for.

No comments:

Post a Comment