Thursday, January 6, 2011

Black Swan (spoiler alert people!!)

Hmm Black Swan. What to say about this movie??
It was good, but I'm not sure if I think it was great yet. It was very dark, and it didn't seem to me to be that focused on the dance aspect. It was mostly focused on her being crazy. I figured it would be the type of movie where dancing had consumed this girl's life, which, many and even I can somehow relate to. I thought she would be unhappy but dance would be the thing that set her free, but it didn't seem to even make her happy while she was doing it. Not until the end. Which I suppose was what the objective was but that just bothered me a little. It was not a happy movie. The only happy part was when she found out she was the **spoiler alert** Swan Queen. After that it was downhill emotion wise. Don't get me wrong I do think it was a beautifully made, good and entertaining movie. I just don't know if I see where the hype is coming from. Maybe it'll take a few days to sink in.

No comments:

Post a Comment